Any organizational decisions to be made have potential long-term impacts. It is our point to make sure we consider all of them, and make you aware of them so we can make the best decision in.
With 100+ years of combined experience in this industry, we have seen and done most, if not all, there is to see and do plus created a few. Let us use our professional expertise to the benefit of your organization.
From start to finish, it is our goal to make sure that the needs of your organization are properly met, and to ensure that we are always there for you when you need us most.
A Team of Professionals
Dan Zalewski - Principal
Daniel M. Zalewski, Jr. began his development and fundraising career in the professional staffing ranks of the Boy Scouts of America. During his 14 years with the movement, Dan handled all facets of membership, finance, programming, and unit service within the program with assignments throughout Northwestern and Southcentral Pennsylvania, Southern Tier of New York, along with a variety of project “Best Practice” presentations and assignments throughout the Northeast Region and the National Operation.
Upon determining in the best interest of his family that a career “tweak” was necessary, Mr. Zalewski began working independently and part time for a variety of non-profit organizations many established, but also many start-up community based organizations. What was originally meant to be a “temporary way to pay the bills” developed into a full-service opportunity of which services are provided both on site and remotely as desired and needed by the organization. Although many regular clienteles operate in Maryland and Pennsylvania, Dan has aided organizations in a multitude of states including California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Mexico, New York, Texas, and Washington.
Throughout his career, Mr. Zalewski:
- Handled the challenges of reorganizing or building from scratch non-profits and/or functions of an organization, as well as served well established organizations.
- Successfully developed both strategic and development plans that encompassed all aspects of organizational operations and personnel, as well as created or restructured development plans or events/campaigns resulting in increased support and resources. These successes were achieved by using annual fund, special event, major gift, grant and capital campaign strategies and tools.
- Met the challenge to achieve as a department of one as well as in the developing, managing, and cheering on of a team of professionals and support staff ranging from 5 to 60 in size for program, event, and operational functions.
- Used sound, traditional approaches and techniques to marketing and fundraising while following and embracing new ideas and approaches (social media and web based), individual or managed team efforts have regularly resulted in the obtainment of agreed upon participation, sponsorship, budgetary, or awareness objectives.
- Retrained, restructured, or built operational or governing committees or boards leading to more volunteer involved and managed processes in the obtainment of organizational objectives. These tasks included maintaining communications over multiple states and regions between key players.
- In noticing an obvious yet unaddressed need of many start-up and small nonprofit organizations, organized a professional co-operative to assist non-profits with pro or low bono services underwritten by a community fund and a group purchasing program for services and supplies.
In addition, Mr. Zalewski also possesses substantial background in working within a national structure at the local and regional level in organizing, planning, or facilitating policy, events, and programming and well versed in working remotely in support of a variety of organizations.
Based just outside Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Dan, a huge Penn State and Pittsburgh sports fan, is the proud father of four boys and two dogs. He is also a well-versed outdoors enthusiast and “retired” musician and theatre participant.
Jeanne Troy - Director/Client Services
Jeanne has lived in Central PA since 1979 and has her Master’s in Library Science but realized that it was too quiet a profession for her personality. She has over 25 years of professional fundraising experience and has worked in all facets of fundraising and development in and around the Central PA area.
Jeanne has her Certificate of Fundraising Management (CFRM) from the Indiana School of Fundraising through Indiana University-Purdue, Indianapolis, IN and resides in Mechanicsburg, PA with her husband, Bob. They are 5-time grandparents and love it. In her spare time, she golfs (or rather, tries to), enjoys target shooting and loves to hunt for antiques especially milk glass and loves to read. She also is a member of and President for 2020-2021 in her local Rotary, sits on the Susquehanna Valley Council of Charitable Gift Planners Board and is a former board member of the PA Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO).
Melissa Snyder - Manager/Events Director
Originally from Southwestern Pennsylvania, Melissa moved to Harrisburg in 2000 and has worked in all facets of nonprofit management/consulting and event planning for over 15 years. She has also been a board member of numerous nonprofits in the Harrisburg area and currently is a member of the Broad Street Market Board of Directors. Melissa has certifications in both Nonprofit Management and Fundamentals of Fundraising from Millersville University. She looks forward to assisting nonprofits in
achieving successful events – no matter how small or big!
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality.
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Volunteer management and coordination during events.
- Assist with the development of marketing and PR to promote and publicize event.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
Marjorie Lamberson - CFRE
Margie, a charismatic and creative relationship and fundraising professional with proven successes and the ability to achieve and exceed organizational goals, developed her skills over a twenty-six-year non-profit. Possessing experience in client and donor cultivation and stewardship, major gifts, and planned giving, her experiences include grant writing, campaign implementation, annual giving, special event management, community relations, and direct staff supervision and expertise in nonprofit financial standards and policies.
Margie earned her B.S. from Drexel University and in 2013 earned her Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE). She is a graduate of Leadership Lancaster and currently serves as secretary to the board and development chair for Power Packs Project. She is a member and trustee for the Susquehanna Valley Council of Charitable Gift Planners and PANO (Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations) as a member of the Development Committee. Past community service includes Leadership Lancaster, Junior Achievement, and the Junior League of Lancaster.
Nancy Crawford - Grants Manager/Client Services
Nancy, originally from Texas, settled in Central Pennsylvania in 2008. Her background consists of a wide range of skills and experience that combine to form a wealth of knowledge she can leverage on behalf of your organization. Nancy holds a Grant Writing Certificate from Temple University, a B.S. in Graphic Design from the Art Institute, and will soon complete a Master of Business Administration with Western Governors University.
Her experience includes 20+ years of professional writing, fine and commercial art, marketing, and web design along with 10+ years in commercial printing. She is the former publisher of KiP Magazine, which highlighted the goals and missions of non-profits in Central Pennsylvania. Nancy is always up for a challenge and looks forward to every opportunity to bring creativity and innovation to her work.
Jessica Whitmore - Research and Grants Director
Jessica Whitmore has been researching and writing grants for over 20 years. She has been instrumental in establishing organizational policies and procedures for the grant process and has managed funded projects through interim and final reports. She also brings an eye for communication with her experience in writing content published for businesses, educational institutions, publications and nonprofits. Jessica has a master's in communication and a bachelor's in broadcasting as well as teaches writing and communication courses at the college level.